Watch The Entire Film!

Watch The Entire Film...With Commentary!

Monday, April 13, 2009

Observing and Reporting Severe Rogenitis



I was very sorry to hear about the poor opening for
Observe and Report, the first Jody Hill-directed film
with more than a $70,000 budget. I'm a big fan of Foot Fist way,
and the first thing I have to shout out is...What a bad year to release ANOTHER
Mall Cop movie. Although Jeff Goldsmith from Creative Screenwriting called it
the "Lawrence of Arabia" of mall cop movies, it has a lot of elements to me that are uninspiring.
For one, the casting of Seth Rogen as the main character. I think many across the country and the world are
getting Rogenitis, a disease that affects not only comedy fans but other comedy actors that aren't
Seth Rogen. Take a break, please...you're funny. You're a normal guy...we get it. I watched all the trailers and
there is not one scene like "King of The Demo" in Foot Fist or anything like "If there's two things I hate..." from East Bound and Down.
I will pass no further judgement, having not seen the film, but if this proves one thing...stars are not stars...movies are.
Please, let this be your Mallrats. That's a rad looking skateboard, though.

No comments:

Kung Fu Girls Club VideoWall